lunedì 21 aprile 2008

Alcantara River










Today I've done few km of the Alcantara river with my friend Pascal. The river is easy and never more than a 3rd degree but it is more than enough for me that want just to play with current, ripples, eddies and standing waves. Looking at the pictures my face is really dramatic jet over a 50 cm step but the dangers are ever presents also in such a river, like a tree across a narrow passage at the corner of a strange dam in which Pascal has lost his paddle... Than there was a steep passage between rocks and with a hole at the end: here after looking for the best way to go I walked down with the kayak over my shoulder... I concluded that the sea is not so dangerous, even when it is furious. Do you agree??









Oggi ho fatto alcuni km del fiume Alcantara con il mio amico Pascal. Il fiume è facile e mai più di un terzo grado ma è più che sufficiente per me che voglio semplicemente giocare con la corrente, le increspature, i mulinelli e le onde stazionarie.
Guardando le foto la mia faccia è veramente drammatica già su un gradino di 50 cm ma i pericoli sono sempre presenti anche in questo tipo di fiume, come un albero attraverso uno stretto passaggio all'angolo di una strana diga nel quale Pascal ha perso la pagaia... Poi c'era un passaggio ripido tra le rocce e con un buco alla fine: qui, dopo aver cercato il modo migliore per passare ho preferito scendere a piedi con il kayak in spalla... Ho concluso che il mare non è mai così pericoloso, anche quando è furioso. Siete daccordo??

Nessun commento: